Efforts are underway in 2019 by the Vermont Outdoor Business Alliance (VOBA) to plan events and launch initiatives in order to strengthen, expand, attract, and retain outdoor recreation economy businesses in Vermont.
Read below on how to get involved. We look forward to working together!
Register for the VOBA Roundtable on March 6
Mark your calendar to join Vermont outdoor recreation businesses at VOBA Roundtables on March 6, June 5, and September 6, from 4:00 – 6:00 pm in locations around the state. Details on a fall statewide Outdoor Recreation Summit are forthcoming.
Register to join the next VOBA Roundtable scheduled for Wednesday, March 6 from 4:00 – 6:00 pm in the Killington region. The agenda includes a panel of outdoor recreation business leaders and discussions on the topics of financing, workforce development, infrastructure, and sector branding, as well as networking with food and beverages sponsored by Foam Brewers. Register TODAY
Share your Expertise
Participate in a VOBA Work Group or Special Project to develop and advance strategies for the outdoor recreation sector. There are several ways to get involved.
Join a work group on workforce development or sector branding to advance business initiatives.
· Workforce Development; Justin Worthley, JustinW@burton.com
Sector Branding: Josh Pombar, Jpombar@turtlefur.com
Identify resources for a VOBA Blueprint to support Vermont outdoor recreation start ups and companies seeking to grow.
Blueprint: Mark Yardley, Myardley@darntough.com
Participate in a VOBA marketing project to elevate outdoor recreation companies located or operating in Vermont.
Marketing: Kelly Ault, Kelly@vermontoutdoorbusinessalliance.org
2018 Roundtable Recap
In November 2018, over 50 Vermont outdoor recreation industry representatives attended the first VOBA Roundtable in Burlington. A panel of business leaders shared their experience being located in Vermont and identified challenges and opportunities for the sector. A discussion led to ideas for VOBA initiatives that can advance needs for financing, workforce development, infrastructure, and sector branding.
· Russ Scully & Robert Lair, Co-Owners, HULA
· Michael Snyder, Commissioner, Vermont Department of Forest, Parks and Recreation
· Lindsay DesLauriers, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, Bolton Valley Resort
· TJ Whalen, Managing Director, FreshTracks Capital
· Justin Worthley, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Burton Snowboards
· Corinne Prevot, Chief Executive Officer, Skida
· Steve Charest, Co-Owner, Head Guide, Petracliffs
· Walter Frame, Director, Executive Vice President, Trapp Family Lodge
· Drew Simmons, President, Pale Morning Media
· Mark Yardley, Vice President of Sales, Darn Tough Vermont
The networking portion of the meeting connected businesses – from Chittenden County, central Vermont, and communities as far away as Manchester, Killington, and Morristown – and continued the germination of ideas and collaborations.
Thanks to our sponsors - HULA, Foam Brewers and Pizza 44 – for co-sponsoring the event.